Mobile newborn sessions to resume in July - new guidelines and policies
Updated: Jun 27
In the light of recent announcement of further easing of the lockdown, I am working tirelessly on updating all my newborn in home session policies to keep you and your little one safe and in line with the government guidelines.
As you all know, I always keep the wellbeing and safety of my smallest clients my top priority and even more so now. Therefore I am working hard on making everything Covid-19 secure and at this current time I am not planning to commit to a reopening date, however I am really hoping for early July should everything proceed as planned.
Here is what I already do:
1. Strict illness policy which will be even strengthened.
2. Frequent sanitising of hands.
3. Props, wraps and fabrics sanitised before and after each session.
4. Immediate family only encouraged.
5. Shoes removed at the door.
6. Props and fabrics are securely stored in boxes during travels.
Here are things I will be adding to strengthen my policies and make my sessions even safer:
1. Hand sanitiser will be available for parents and siblings, as will disposable face masks should you wish to use them.
2. Sickness policy will be even strengthened and a form will be required in order to proceed with the session.
3. Face mask or face covering will be worn by the photographer.
4. I will kindly ask you to clean the area where we will be photographing before the session. This is to keep everybody safe during the session.
5. No outside props allowed - I will only use my own props that will be sanitised before each session. If you wish to use heirloom items, please contact me before your session to discuss if it is possible to use these and ensure such items are thoroughly sanitised before the session so they are safe to use with your little one.
6. Wraps and fabrics will each be individually wrapped and kept in individual packaging. Each wrap, fabric and prop is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before AND after each session.
7. I will deep clean the inside of my car after each session.
8. Props such as real flower headbands and other items that cannot be deep cleaned will be quarantined for 72hrs.
8. Minimum of 48hrs before sessions with limited newborns booked for each month. This is to allow enough time for proper prop sanitisation.
9. Immediate family only - I will kindly ask you that if you have older siblings, that older siblings leave the room after family portraits part of the session is done if possible. This is a precaution put in place as it is hard for toddlers and children to adhere to social distancing and to keep them safe, minimising contact and limit the number of people in one room at the same time.
What is not changing?
Things may feel a little different, I will have to implement changes to my workflow to shorten the sessions to make them safer for you and your baby, but I pride myself in providing an excellent service and providing beautiful photographs for my families and that is definitely not changing. I will continue to work with you and for you to capture your beautiful memories in timeless portraits.
Your safety = my priority
I have created this handy visual guide as a summary of the safety precautions I will be taking for in home newborn sessions:
In addition to implementing strict policies, I have also completed WHO and Virtual College courses to educate myself on the best practices to prevent COVID-19 spread:
I am looking forward to photograph beautiful little ones soon. I am now taking new bookings for newborns due from August onwards - for full and for mini newborn sessions alike. I am also continuing to offer outdoor family socially distanced sessions which are a great alternative for those parents who want to have a beautiful photoshoot but don't feel quite comfortable yet with indoors session. These are available for newborns as well.
I am also offer outdoor posed newborn sessions during the Summer - get in touch with me to discuss and enquire.